Bitte beachten Sie, dass der Workshop in englischer Sprache stattfinden wird.
The aim of this advanced course is to learn machine learning methods by applying them to practice-oriented exercise data sets. During the training, the central steps such as preparatory data management, training of algorithms as well as forecasting and validation are learned and directly implemented in Python. A special focus is put on the Python library scikit-learn, which includes a variety of popular algorithms in the field of machine learning. The course deals with the following topics:
- Introduction to the basic concepts of machine learning
- Dealing with the machine learning framework scikit-learn
- Introduction to machine learning algorithms such as decision trees, support vector machines or random forests
- Creation of training and test data
- Parameter tuning of the models with the help of cross-validations
- Presentation of relevant processing steps such as one-hot encoding, standardization or imputation
- Presentation of different metrics of model evaluation
- For classifications: (Balanced) Accuracy, Sensitivity, Specificity, Area under the curve
- For regressions: RMSE, MAE
- Linking of preparation and modeling steps in pipeline objects
During the course, participants will create Python scripts which can be used as templates for their own machine learning applications.
This is a course for advanced Python users. The course is aimed at people who have already had some programming experience with Python and have a basic understanding of statistics. Python beginners should participate in our workshop Introduction to Data Science with Python
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Florian Schmoll studied Mathematics at the University of Kassel and has been working as a Data Scientist at eoda since 2017. Working as a consulting Data Scientist he carries out projects in different sectors such as industry or commerce. In addition to his project work he has worked as a trainer for Machine Learning and Time Series analysis in R and Python.
eoda GmbH is an IT company specialized in Data Science working towards the mission “Data Science Empowerment”. As a pioneer in Germany for open-source programming languages and as a Full Service Certified Partner of RStudio and Anaconda, eoda offers a holistic training and qualification concept – with a performant toolset around programming languages like R, Python and Spark.
The interdisciplinary team of eoda combines deep knowledge of business processes with the competent application of the appropriate analytic methods and can draw from experiences in cross-disciplinary use cases. Learn more about eoda